The Important First Step in Creating Healthy Habits That’s Often Overlooked
Have you ever felt like you know what you should be doing when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle, but you just can’t seem to get yourself to follow through on it consistently or easily?
Whenever you are feeling that way, it’s likely that whatever you’re trying to do isn’t fully aligned with what you want and need in your life on a core, honest level.
That’s why the most effective way to create healthy habits that last is to create a wellness vision that uncovers your unique wants and needs, your likes and dislikes, and your life and schedule, rather than trying to force something into your life that may be healthy, but may not be what healthy looks like for you.
Research shows that setting goals is not only linked to having higher motivation, it also is a strong connection between setting goals and having success.
Your wellness vision is what you want and desire your life to look like. It’s a detailed vision and set of overarching goals of how you would ideally design your life — from how you feel, think, act, show up daily. It outlines what you might do throughout a day, from the moment you wake up to the moment you fall asleep.
On a deeper level it allows you to explore your wants, desires, and core needs without judgment, ego (or the shoulds to fit in/or belong), and without external pressure.
But more importantly, it includes why you want those things.
While it’s great to have current healthy habits that support your wellbeing and make you feel your best, the Wellness Vision really is the first layer and foundation to build upon.
The true purpose of a healthy lifestyle is to give you the support, physically and mentally, to create major shifts and milestones in your life.
Imagine how much your life can evolve when you’ve constantly felt present, grounded, and energized for all the day has to bring you.
- What might you feel or do when you’re acting from a place where you’ve been deeply cared for?
- What impact might you have on your family, work, and the world?
- How much easier may certain habits be for you if you knew they were supporting a much larger vision of yourself?
- Having clarity on those two things — what you want and exactly why you want those things — allows you to design a healthy lifestyle that truly works for you and follow through on those actions every day.
Rather than simply checking off healthy habits from a to-do list, you’re making intentional choices that align with the person you need to be in order to bring your wellness vision to life.
Journal Prompt for Creating a Wellness Vision
So grab a journal and give yourself at least 10 minutes to explore exactly what you want and why you want it.
- Write down exactly what an ideal day would look like from you from the time you woke up until the time you went to sleep. What would you do? How would you want to feel?
- Once you have your ideal day written out, then dive into your why. Why do you want your day to look like that? What would those actions and habits allow you to do in your life? What would doing those things make you feel?
Then grab my free guide for creating healthy habits with ease so you can start making small changes to your life that align with your vision.
The post The Important First Step in Creating Healthy Habits That’s Often Overlooked appeared first on Nutrition Stripped.