The Launch of Sea Change 2.0 (and November’s Declutter Challenge)
By Leo Babauta
For the last few months, my team & I have been working on a new version of my Sea Change Program for changing habits and transforming your life… we’ve been internally calling it “Sea Change 2.0”.
Well, I’m excited to let you know that we just launched it!
It’s not only a much more beautiful website, it’s designed to be easier to find key information, it has curated, redesigned challenges, and much more. We think the program is great.
You can check it out here:
We think you’ll love it.
Improvements to the Program
Our intention has been to make the Sea Change Program more usable — it’s got some incredible content aimed at changing your life, and now we’ve built a really supportive community on the Slack platform, with challenge channels, weekly check-ins and small teams for accountability.
With that great foundation, we wanted the program to be easier to use and understand, so that people would be more likely to actually implement the changes. And then we could help more people.
Here’s what we’ve improved:
- The website has been redesigned: a fresh new look, but more importantly, easier to find what’s most important, like the current challenge and the upcoming webinar, and more.
- Challenges have been curated: We’ve narrowed the monthly challenges down to a core group of about 15 habits, so that it’s not too overwhelming. Each challenge is laid out much more clearly as well, week by week.
- Challenges are expanded: The monthly challenges have been expanded with additional content in each week, even more optional content, and a deepen your training section, so you can go much deeper if you wish.
- Key information like the challenge channel and the latest recording of the webinar has been made very easy to find.
- Get Started training section: For new members (and current members wanting some guidance), we have training section that lays out the first six steps you should take, and then helps you understand how to use the program and change your habits.
- Help Section: We have a much improved section for troubleshooting habits and problems with your account.
The Declutter Challenge for November
For November, we’ve launched the Declutter Challenge, to help us pare down our cluttered possessions.
While taking on a declutter challenge can feel exciting at first, for some people, it can feel overwhelming. Another project to take on!
But actually, it can be a mindfulness practice, a time of reflection on your life and priorities, and quite a joy.
This challenge is about getting that process started and moving into a life of simplicity.
In this challenge, we have great content from some of my favorite minimalists:
- Joshua Becker of Becoming Minimalist
- Courtney Carver of Be More with Less
- Joshua Fields Millburn of the Minimalists
You’ll be forming the declutter habit and changing some of your old habits around possessions and clutter during the challenge.
We’ll also have weekly check-ins in the Slack community, and a live video webinar with me where you can ask questions.